Friday, January 28, 2005

Cheney Was Chilly

So, the media asks, why did Dick Cheney dress like a Minnesotan in a dump truck with a snow plow fastened to the front when he represented the United States at yesterday's Auschwitz ceremony?

I think it's because he was chilly. And he knew he'd be sitting on a folding chair aside rusty barbed-wire barriers in the woods in the frigid Polish air.

Although against the backdrop of austere black wool and hatless world leaders he looked out of place in his puffy parka and watch cap, he certainly looked American. And yes, he looked silly. Like my dad when he used to take my brothers and me on sledding trips at the local park. But does it say as much as the media suggests? Or nothing at all?

5 Comments:

Blogger Christian said...

Really great blog! I noticed a mention about canadian arthritis society . I thought you might be interested to hear that both my parents and several of their friends have had problems with arthritis and we have been very lucky to have come across Bioflow. They are sold at canadian arthritis society and they have been worth every penny. They don't seem to work for everyone but they have helped reduce the pain in my parents arthritis so that they almost don't notice it any longer. They'd still be taking painkillers if it wasn't for wearing a Bioflow on their wrist

5:32 AM  
Blogger Wheel Chairs Center said...

Hi, Thanks for your interesting blog. Keep up the great work! I also have a site & blog about wheelchair rental
, please feel free to visit.

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan so youmight like canine anal gland

12:53 PM  
Anonymous wheelchairs said...

Love the blog! This is my new favorite, you took over my previous favorite site: http://www.allwheelchair.com

8:15 PM  
Anonymous wheelchair lift said...

I found a cool site on wheel chair, check it out wheel chair

2:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home