Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Hubris

"History is an antidote to the hubris of the present. We think we're so terrific. We think we know so much. We think we have such genius. Well, think again." -- David McCullough, Pulitzer prize-winning author of Truman, John Adams, and 1776.

"Be open-minded. But not so open-minded that your brain falls out." -- Stan Spencer, Advanced Placement high school history teacher, 1989.

"Do I fear for this country? No. But I'd like it better my way." -- Me, earlier today.

3 Comments:

Anonymous AC said...

As nephews go, you are one of the best! I read your works and revel in your creativity!

Finally, we know who Deep Throat is! Wow! I'm glad I lived long enough to find out!

AC

6:50 PM  
Blogger The Accipiter said...

Hey, AC! Glad to have you along! (You should have your own site.)What a thrill to be 91 years old and drop a bomb like that, eh? Daniel Schorr guessed it on the air back in 2000.

9:01 PM  
Anonymous anchorage alaska job sites said...

Your blog I found to be very interesting!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a anchorage alaska job sites
site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home